Thursday, May 23, 2013

I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS


A weak, bandaged girl sat in front of me.
            “We need your information,” I told him, being as gentle as I could.
            “I promised I wouldn’t say anything,” she shook violently.
            “That doesn’t help, we need you to tell us what happened while we were there.” I was slowly getting frustrated.
            “You don’t understand, the way I got out was by promising to not say anything.” She glared at me.
            “But you’re out, why can’t you just tell us how he looked?” I begged for information.
            “I know he’s watching,” she pulled her legs up to her chest. “I know he’ll get me if I break my promise.”
            “Forget it,” I shook my head, walking out of the room.
            “She won’t say anything?” Damien asked.
            “Nothing! She thinks he’s still here!” I kicked a chair, making a banging noise echo throughout the hall.
            “What’s she doing in there?” Damien looked through the one way glass.
            The girl had turned around, she was talking to what seemed like nothing. Quickly I flipped the switch that let us hear what was going on in there.
            “I know you’re still there,” she said, looking at the corner of the room.
            Out of nowhere a man in a floor length black jacket appeared, his face was concealed by the massive hat he wore.
            “What the?” I whispered, confused.
            Slowly the girl rose, wearily she walked over to the darkened figure, using all of her strength to move.
            “How’ve you been?” He asked, putting his hands on her shoulders.
            “I appreciate them more,” she nodded.
            “Good,” he pulled her into a hug.
            She gave a shudder but returned the hug, they looked like they could’ve been family. It was weird. Damien and I stood in silence for a minute or two, not processing it. Quickly enough I got into action.
            “Get me a gun, Damien.” I whispered, knowing what to do.
            “What?” He asked, a little stunned.
            “Now!” I shouted.
            “Here,” Damien fumbled, pulling a gun off of an officer who was standing by.
            I took the gun from Damien, slamming the door open. The man looked me in the eyes and disappeared.
            “You made him leave,” she looked at me like I was at fault.
            “Where’d he go?!” I yelled.
            “Right behind you,” his voice was suddenly in my ear.
            Instantly I spun around, but he wasn’t there.

No comments:

Post a Comment