Sunday, March 24, 2013

Dang Writing Prompts

There is this writing prompt I've had since the beginning of the year, and I have no clue how to write it. I know there's a story to it which is going to be just amazing but I can't think if it. I've asked a ton of people what they would do with it but no ones had anything that really inspired me.

"An old Japanese tale that says if two star crossed lovers commit dual suicide they get reincarnated as twins," how in the world do I write that? I know that it would start out with the lovers together and then some sort of time skip to years and years later when there's twins who're oddly close. Creating the right twins to write about is hard thought, they need to be the same but different.

This is a prompt that I'm determined to use before the end of this school year but I have no idea. So far I'm thinking about an Ouran High School Host Club fan fiction about Hikaru and Karou since they're the oddly close twins that come to mind. But I don't want to write just another story, I want something with material and an actual possibility of being the best story on this blog (although I'm a pretty big fan of "I Still Don't Know How to Feel About This".)

I've been waiting for the right thing to hit me, and I'm interested to see what it turns out to be. I'm pretty sure I have an idea started but I'll probably change it a million times before its done.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea for a story! Using Hikaru and Karou from Ouran seems like a cool concept, but I would do maybe a pair of girl twins that are oddly close, because you never see that in stories and it always seems to be two boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if you had a pair of twins (of any gender really) that were separated at a really young age (perhaps by a divorce). Then you could have them meet each other and take it wherever you want from there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh
    My
    God
    Cassidy, you just came up with another great idea.
    And Sidney, I'm thinking about making the names unisex and then see whichever gender fits them better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassidy's idea is amazing! USE IT! Either gender works for that concept too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! After thinking about it two close girls would be a lot better and make it easier to write than having to avoid "He" and "She", so thanks :)

      Delete
    2. Always here to help! :)
      Your stories are always great anyway! :D

      Delete