Thursday, March 28, 2013

Run

        When we met I was crying and my cheek was split open. I was vulnerable, and her heart was wide open. That's the thing with Karin, she was always caring. And at this time I wish I wasn't holding her in her last minutes. She was so tired, barely able to lift her head, even if I was holding it.
        "Please Karin," I begged.
        She didn't even have the energy to respond. She just was curled up in my lap, blood seeping through her shirt.
        "Please don't die."
        When she had received the wound she begged me to not take her to get help. She wanted to die. All I wanted was for her to be okay, and in the eyes of death, I just wanted to give her anything so she'd die happy. Wearily she raised a blood covered hand and touched the side of my face.
        "You'll make it without me," she whispered.
        "I can't Karin," I told her.
        "You're so... strong and... brave... you'll thrive," her words were breathy and far apart.
        "But I can't do that without you," I told her.
        "Yes you can," her hand fell from my cheek and took a slow dive back onto her lap.
        With that her body shook, releasing her demons. Her fingers slowly curled into a defeated fist.
        It wasn't always like this.

7 YEARS BEFORE
I was alone, walking, waiting for something or someone. Nothing was really working and my motivation was low. At this point I was supposed to be getting something for the tree house but I wasn’t interested in that. Slowly I wandered off course, forgetting my surroundings. Personally I just wanted to go have some adventure, a little fun, anything to pull me out of regular life.
The forest was plush around this time of year, none of the trees had lost their leaves, everything was bright and happy. But I still didn’t feel happy, normally, I’d suck up whatever was making me like this and deal but this time it just seems too difficult. My mind was caught up in thinking, which seems normal, at least around this time it was.
The forest around these parts were spacey and unsure, normally not a place to be hanging around. Which I quickly learned when I fell. Within a matter of seconds I was tumbling down a hill that I hadn’t seen while walking. I tried to grab onto something, anything, but no matter what I tried I kept rolling down this hill. Somewhere along the way a rock had scraped my cheek, blood ever so gently ran down from the wound.
In another instant everything stopped, I sat very dizzily on the ground, waiting to realize what just happened. 
Everything happens for a reason, and I was just about to be taken on a journey that would teach me that.

1 comment: