Friday, March 1, 2013

Gold - Owl City, Lyric Analysis #3

        I know this girl, this beautiful, sweet, smart, kind girl. And I've known her for such a long time, but it was only recently that I realized there was a song that just described her perfectly. "Gold" describes her in general. Her beauty can be described by the word gold-- her smarts can be described by the word gold-- her smile is an exact definition of gold.
        She has dreams to chase and what she's got is, well, gold. I haven't said that to her, even though I should. 'Stand on up and take a bow, there's something there and it's showing, there's no need to look around, you're the best we got going'. She needs to be recognized for all of the greatness that she is.
         'You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here' I'll always keep her in my heart, no matter what happens. 'So write it all and don't forget, you gotta tell us your story' she's important, everything she says and does is important too. 
         I need to write more but the bell's gonna ring and I have to go sew... 

2 comments: