Thursday, February 7, 2013

Metal Wasteland

Frey's P.O.V.
Name: Kaede 
Age: 18

        "Kaede!" I yelled as I walked into an abandoned factory. "I know you're in here!"
        "What do you want?" She walked out from behind a pillar, holding a cat.
        "I need your help," I sighed, looking at all of the cats that padded through the dusty factory.
        "You need to be more specific," she sang, walking down the metal stairs.
        "I need your help protecting someone," I elaborated.
        "Someone? Don't you mean two little girls?" She smirked, crouching down to pet a tabby.
        "Yeah," I rolled my eyes, she always knew every little detail.
        "Well well well," Kaede smiled. "I might be able to help."
        "I just want you to keep an eye on them, make sure they're protected." A black cat rubbed up against my leg.
        "But they're with the mayor, so what harm could happen to them?" She picked a kitten up with her free hand.
        "I know but they're knew there, he might forget them," I shrugged, thinking the worst.
        "Frey, you're over thinking this, he's not going to forget them. I'm willing to check in on them, but I'm not interfering."
        "Fine.." I sighed.
        "How's your brother?" She asked as she inspected the kitten's belly.
        "He hasn't changed much," I shrugged, shooing the cats away.
        "Do you go see those girls much?" She changed topics.
        "Most days, I was gonna go see them after this because Roxie's probably freaking out about all of this," I rubbed my eyes, expecting her to yell.
        "Well, bring a peace offering. I know that the older one loves to protect the younger one, and she always wants to make the younger one happy." Kaede stood up.
        "Yeah?" I said, unsure where she was going with this.
        "Here," she handed me the kitten she had been holding. "He should help."
        "How?" I took him in my hands.
        "Knowing how childish the younger one can be, he'll help make her happy, especially after all that's happened." She picked up a wandering cat.
        "What does he ea--" I started.
        "Her mother instincts will kick in and she'll figure it all out, trust me," she smiled.
        "Okay," I nodded, looking down at the little cat.
        "He'll make everything better, I promise."

No comments:

Post a Comment