Friday, November 9, 2012

There's no 'I' in 'Team'

Let me blunt.
8th grade sucks.
And I think we all have a slight hatred for it. Yet there are things we could do to make it less horrid. But we choose not to do those things. And they’re quite simple actually.
If there wasn’t our materialistic “popularity” scale that ranked us with who has the clothes from American Eagle and an iPhone 5, things would be easier. We wouldn’t have to worry about staying on top of the game and pushing others down. I’m human, I’m bone flesh and blood too. So why are you “popular” and I’m getting called “emo”? We’re fighting this together; whether we choose to fight as a team, or solo is our choice to make.
As someone who’s experienced a lot of  bullying, it makes me really question the maturity level of our generation. Bullying has gotten me into many bad habits, and yet I know the best thing for us to do is to come together as one. Now I won’t plead as an innocent bystander. I’ve made fun of people, but it’s not like I’m proud of it and use it as something to climb the social ladder. It’s an occasional diss that I thought in my head, not aloud.
And I understand if it’s “cool” that your dad was a weatherman, but that’s his achievement. Not yours. Not something you can lord over people. And yes, you play sports. So? Does that make any difference in how I should treat you? We’re all equal, even if our interests are different. “So what? You’re another person, so of course you look different. What do I have to be ashamed for?” - Ciel Phantomhive.
Maybe it’s just me, but we shouldn’t be trying to hurt each other. Hopefully we’ll realize it sooner than later. By the time we’re in high school we should be able to realize this. And if we can’t realize this, and we can’t move past opinions, then that’s really quite sad. We all should be friends, not enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment