Monday, January 28, 2013

Metal Wasteland

Onyx's P.O.V.

       "What are we doing here, Roxy?" I asked, looking out of the huge window.
       "Do you really not know what's going on?" She looked at me with tired eyes.
       "No, not really," I confessed.
       "You know how when you were growing up... You know how mom and dad weren't there?" She sighed.
       "You always said they'd come back.." I looked at my hands.
       "Well, mom and dad died... They're not coming back... But you know how protective the Mayor got?" She pulled my chin back up.
       "Yeah?" I guessed.
       "He's mom's brother," Roxie told me.
       "Oh..." It made some sense but not a lot.
       "And now, since that jerk Frey decided to tell him everything, we now live here," she continued.
       "Can I tell you something?" I asked.
       "Sure," she said tiredly.
       "I don't think Frey was being a jerk, I think he was just trying to protect you.. And me by default." I told her.
       "Maybe that is what he was trying to do, but it still wasn't necessary." Roxie shook her head. 
       "But it's what he felt he should do," I pointed out.
       "You're growing up way too fast," She sighed, fixing my hair out of nervousness.
       "I know.." I looked down again. "Do you think we'll be okay?" 
       "We're going to be just fine, okay?" She pulled my chin up.
       "But what if it isn't?" I asked.
       "I'll be here until the very end to protect you."

No comments:

Post a Comment