Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Metal Wasteland

Frey's P.O.V.

        "You did a kind of rotten thing there, Frey." Ember said.
        "I know, I know," I sighed.
        "Why did you do it?" He asked.
        "Because the Wasteland isn't a place for Roxie, and it really isn't a place for Onyx," I thought.
        "You still didn't have the right to sell them out. They could get thrown in jail now," he pointed out.
        "They're not going to be thrown in jail if he's their uncle," I defended.
        "You still shouldn't have sold them out. It's not their fault that they're parent less and alone," Ember crossed his arms.
        "I was just worried, okay? That sort of Hell isn't for them, they deserve to be somewhere better," I shrugged.
        "But they were surviving, and now, who knows what'll happen to them," he pushed the subject.
        Omega walked down the stairs, her eyes filled with anger. Quickly she made her way over to me.
        "Hey Ome--" I started.
        "I'm not talking to you," she snapped.
        "What do you need?" Ember asked her.
        "Just coming to get some stuff out of the medicine cabinet." She looked at the ground.
        "There's a cabinet up--" 
        "And then I saw you talking to nothing and I decided to come here and take a break from work." She smiled slightly.
        "Don't ignore your other brother, it makes him feel bad." Ember smirked.
        "It does n--" I started again.
        "Shut up!" She slapped me.
        Ember started laughing, Omega left my cheek stinging.
        "Okay, okay, okay," Ember laughed. "C'mon, go back upstairs."
        Omega stormed out, hiding the pain from the harsh hit.
        "Perfect timing," Ember tried to hide his smile.
        "I hope it made her feel better," I shrugged. 
        "I'm kind of surprised that you were just going to let her," he shrugged.
        "I didn't see it coming," I shook my head.
        "Fix that, you're an inventor, there's gotta be something you can do to look into the future," he nodded.
        "Why are you so weird?" I asked.
        "Don't ask me," Ember shrugged.
        "Whatever, I want to go out and check on something," I sighed, grabbing my jacket.
        "What is this something?" Ember asked.
        "I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later," I smirked, pulling on my jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment