Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Red Pt. 3

“Oh William!” Grell shattered the silence.
“What is it now, Grell?” William looked at him, already bored with their conversation.
“I was just wondering if you wanted to go out after work,” he plopped down on William’s desk.
“No.” William didn’t even look up.
“Please?” He begged.
“No.” He looked up at Grell, not wanting to play this game.
“C’mon, Will. I’m sure someone who works as hard as you would be entitled to a break-- even if it is with Grell.” I chimed in.
“If I go out with you now will you stop bothering me later?” He pushed his glasses up.
“Yes! We just have to go now!” Grell grabbed William’s hand and pulled him out of the dispatch.
“Finally,” I smirked.
Quickly I pulled the door to his office shut and ran out. Over the past few weeks I had been forming a plan. And when I went and visited Earl Phantomhive, I knew my plan had to be carried out. It was hard to keep it from Sebastian, but if he knew then he’d stop me. This plan took a long time, first just letters to his fiance, Lizzie, so I could start wedging myself into his life. Then I wrote letters to him, explaining that my father was interested in doing business with him, but not wanting to seem too eager about it.
After a while he had become interested in the idea of doing business with my father. And then I told him that I was planning on making a trip to dear London, and that I hoped he would let me stay with him. Now, weeks later, my said visit to the fabulous London was underway and I was supposed to arrive at his manor in two hours.
The hardest part of this whole thing would be tricking Sebastian. He’d be able to spot me miles away. And now I had to act like I was a whole other person. So far I had described my family like Lizzie’s. I’m pretty sure he expected pink frills and curly hair. But as a reaper, the idea of wearing pink made me sick. And leaving William made me feel even worse. Although he’s overprotective, he’s my only family.
I reached our home and wrote him a note, somehow leaving the note made it feel less bad. Carefully I folded it and left it in sight. Quickly I changed into one of the gowns that I had picked out for this, I pulled my trunk together and pulled it outside where the Undertaker was waiting for me.
“Are you ready?” He giggled.
“Yes,” I sighed, pulling the trunk up into the carriage.
“You look so cute,” He smirked, helping me get into the carriage.
“Shut up,” I sighed, not wanting to be a joke of his.
“I’m so surprised that you’re actually going through with this.” He pulled his bangs up, looking at me.
“I need to, it’s not an option anymore,” I sighed, fixing the heavy skirt.
“You started the process, there must be a way to stop it,” he shrugged, closing the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment