Thursday, January 24, 2013

Red Pt. 2

Ciel Phantomhive sits in his study alone, trying to not get upset after his maid tripped down the stairs (Thus breaking the dishes she was carrying). I was waiting for Lord Earl Phantomhive’s butler to answer the door. For a long time this young man had been of some curiosity to me, and his connection with the underground world of London made him even more interesting to me.
“I’m sorry for making you wait, Esther,” Sebastian said to me.
Sebastian and I had known each other for a few years. Usually Reapers don’t become friends with races like Sebastian, but William didn’t like him, and I found it amusing to make William angry.
“It’s fine, Sebastian. Raising a boy in this situation can’t be easy,” I shrugged.

Ciel’s parents had been brutally murdered when he was just a little boy. He then became a test subject, quickly though he made a contract with Sebastian.
“Especially with this staff..” He sighed, leading me into the manor.
“What good does a blind maid do for you?” I asked, noting the thick lenses that the maid was wearing.
“Oh she’s not blind, just quite farsighted.” Sebastian informed.
“Still..” I mumbled. “Why even try to give her glasses if they don’t do anything?”
“She also happens to be quite clumsy,” Sebastian told me, hearing my comment.
“So she hasn’t had any previous experience?” I assumed.
“You never fail to read the things I don’t say,” Sebastian smirked.
“It’s a habit,” I smiled.
“Well, please do excuse my Young Master’s capricious attitude at the moment,” Sebastian sighed, turning the attention back to why I came here in the first place.
“I have to deal with Grell, don’t I?” I pointed out.
Although the two never seem alike they really are the same. Both came and do have instant mood changes, Grell tends to be more platonic though.
“Very true,” Sebastian smirked and knocked on Ciel’s study door.
“Come in,” Ciel’s monotone voice rang out.
“Young Master, Esther Spears has come to discuss business,” Sebastian opened the door, leading me in.
“I’m surprised that William didn’t tag along to make sure you stay safe,” Ciel taunted.
Even at his high ranking he was still a child.
“My brother has no need to protect me, and remember that at any moment I have no problem taking your soul,” I pulled out my dagger and pointed it at him, completely serious.
“Just a dagger? All the others have some sort of insane machine they made themselves,” Ciel said, sounding somewhat surprised.
“I wanted something that I wouldn’t get questioned for carrying around, unlike Grell’s free use of his chainsaw..” I sighed.
“He calls it a chainsaw? How charming,” Ciel laughed fakily. “What business do we have together?”
“Well, that’s just it. See, you’re in the underground world of London, you’re the queen’s watchdog. And when there’s a threat to her majesty, you get rid of it, correct?” I asked
“Correct,” Ciel had no idea where I was going.
“You’ve been killing the souls that I need to collect, so I’ll ask you politely to stop killing them.” I smiled as nicely as it could, it killed me to ask him for help but I had to.
“Well, maybe you should be collecting these souls earlier.” Ciel crossed his legs, not in a negotiating mood.
“I have to collect them at a specific time at a specific date and I can’t just let you change that,” I looked at him.
“Any threat to the queen I eliminate, that’s how this works. A--” He started.
“Stop. You can’t keep doing this, this is my job. You have the Funtom company, but all I have is collecting souls. Stay in what you know.” I bent down to his level, looking him in the eye.
“But--” He started again, somewhat fearful this time.
“That eyepatch you wear is so cute. I’d hate to see it discarded because of an accident.” I walked out of the room, negotiating in the way Reapers negotiated.

No comments:

Post a Comment