Sunday, September 16, 2012

Be The Dead

         What happened? Why? How come they died, but I'm still alive? These questions flew around in my mind as I waited for someone, something. I was hitchhiking-- not like I had any other choice. This summer night seemed too cold, I tried to keep myself warm while making it apparent that I needed a ride. Finally after the hours that I had been standing there, all alone, someone pulled up.
"Need a ride?" A woman who was about 21 asked me
"Yes" I nodded, shivering
"Well get on in" She waved her hand
           I got in her old fashioned Cadillac.
"You looked like you just saw a ghost" She said as she started driving
"Well, it's a long story..." I pulled my legs up to my chest
"We got a long drive ahead" She looked at me
"You're going to think I'm crazy" I blinked
"We're all a little crazy" She smiled nicely
"Okay... Well.."

*Flashback*
           My mom, dad, sister and I were going on vacation. We had been driving through the country for hours on end, and I was tired, I fell asleep.
Now I was asleep for hours, and when I woke up, I expected that we would finally be driving out of the country, finding something for dinner. But when I woke up, I found something much different. 
            Slowly my eyes opened, adjusting to the afternoon sky. I looked around, we were in the middle of a wheat field. I looked over to where my sister was sitting. But my sister wasn't there. Instead, blood. Covering the leather seats of my parent's car. 
My parents weren't there either.
Blood also replaced the area they had been seated. 
The blood was sticky and smelled like metal, the blood had been here for hours. 
"Mom?! Dad!?" I screamed, getting out of the car
             No reply. A trail of blood dragged itself from the car. I followed it, needing to find them. Wheat was crushed in such unusual patterns, blood was spit in various locations. But I followed what I could manage, and yes, it lead me to the first dead body. 
No arms, no legs, no head. 
It was my dad. 
Ripped apart, dead.
             There was still a trail of blood past that, I followed it. After thirty feet or so I found two ripped apart people, my mom and my sister. 
This made no sense. Why would someone want to kill my family? Why would a murderer kill them, and not me? Why am I still alive? 
             I heard something behind me, I flipped around to face it. But there was nothing. Slowly I backed away, unsure. Soon enough I decided to go full out sprinting to where ever. I ran, no destination in sight. 
Finally I reached a rode, no one was driving, but soon enough someone would come across me and save me from this nightmare. 
*End of flashback*

"And that's what happened" I felt insane as I told her this, like I was making it up
"I'm so sorry honey" She shook her head
             A little ways ahead were three hitchhikers.
"Let's make our party bigger, shall we?" She asked me, pulling over
"Thank you!" A man got in, pulling in his wife and daughter
"Dad...?" I turned around and looked at him, facing my dad father, mother and sister


              Little did this girl know. She had died. But her sub conscience wasn't dead yet. They had been murdered by a mental hospital escapee. The woman that picked them up? Also dead. Also murdered. See, there's a dimension that lies between life and death.
It's called the Twilight Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment