Monday, September 10, 2012

Pushing Daisies Pt. 2

                 I wasn't out for very long, soon enough I was squirming in this woman's arms.
"Moss, she's up" The woman said with a frightened tone
"That should've killed her.." He seemed confused
"What do I do?!" She screamed
"Try to crush her bones" He said, assuming it would kill me
"Okay" She said quite calmly, then threw me against the wall as hard as she could
                 Nothing. I wasn't hurt. But I could tell this woman was not human. She was too strong for her small frame.
"Moss" She looked at him, obviously I was supposed to die
                 As if my hand had a mind of its own, it flew to her neck. Slowly shutting off her air supply. Somehow I knew, even if I couldn't see, I knew, her eyes rolled into the back of her head. I killed her. Moss looked at me, scared. He knew what was coming.
                 Again, my hand flew to his neck, shutting off his air supply. He gave more of a fight, gripping my hand, trying to pull it away. But that wasn't working. My arm was like a heavy weight, not moving. His eyes rolled into the back of his skull, going limp. No... What? This was all happening too fast, my heart was pumping, adrenaline rushing. Except, it should've been, somehow I could tell that my heart, wasn't pumping.
                 I felt for a pulse... Nothing... But I was here, I was alive. A piece of paper had fallen from Moss's pocket or something. I picked it up.

Name: Kellan Ace, Rosemary Ace
Race: Human, Reaper
Status: Dead, Immortal 

                 Kellan was my dad, wait... I'm a reaper? Like, a Grim Reaper?! And I'm immortal?!
This day just keeps getting weirder and weirder...
My skin looked pale, very pale. Maybe I should go to a doctor, or maybe not...
I sprinted out of my house, sprinting pass the other people in suits. None of them noticing.
                 As if it weren't weird enough already, my hair started growing like crazy. Quickly it changed from black to red with black roots. This was confusing. My nails became black, shiny black, like I had painted them, but I hadn't, and it was permanent. Down my left arm a thin line of black started drawing itself, under my skin, there was no way to get this black off. It created a skull and a bar code.
                 Why do I need a bar code?! Especially such a delicate one..
Instead of the normal thick black lines, this one was thin, and detailed. They were like plants or something.
No one noticed me, but I noticed a lot more than I had before. A person with white hair, paler skin than mine was walking around, grey hoodie, acid washed jeans.
"Hey!" I said without thinking, hoping he would hear me
"What?" He looked up at me, then realized who I was
"What's happening?" I started shaking, my pajamas turning into black jeans, a red shirt, red Converse, and a dagger.
"You're the one they've been looking for" He blinked, assuming I knew
"What am I?!" I asked, trying to get more to the point
"You're a reaper. The only reaper" He said blankly
"Why don't they care I'm out here?" I shook
"You're invisible" He stated "Just like the rest of us"
"What are you?" I asked
"I'm a vampire, Dag" He held his hand out, exposing red skin
"Rosemary" I shook his hand "What happened to your skin?"
"Nothing" He snapped, quickly putting his hand back into his hoodie pocket
"Um... Okay?" I was still confused
"What's your number?" He asked
"My what?" I asked right back
                    He rolled his eyes and took my left arm, now with a number on it.
"Thirteen" He smirked "Fitting for a reaper"
"What's yours?" I assumed it was the right thing to ask
"Four" He shrugged, not showing me
"What's going on?" I asked
"There are seventeen of us, we're all different"  He explained
"So there's like, a werewolf and a fairy and a mermaid--" I was listing them
"You got those right" He told me "And then there's you, a Reaper, then me, a Vampire, a ghost, goblin, siren, witch, wizard, star, demon, spider, angel, alien, dragon, and an elf"
"Wow.." I rubbed my head
"There's only one of us" He explained "A couple of us are immortal, some aren't. I guess we'll see who's immortal and who isn't"

No comments:

Post a Comment