Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Long Live Pt. 5

           We had started the game, there was no way out now. Cali, John and I had went to a Starbucks to sort this all out.
"What are we going to do?" John asked
"We have to play the game all the way through" Cali said, obviously
"Oh my god you guys" I just realized what this meant
"What?" John and Cali asked
"In Homestuck, remember how there was that meteor attack?" I was freaked "What if that happen here?"
"No, that can't happen" John shook his head, refusing to accept the truth that we would have to face
            There was a meteor attack that was going to happen. T-Minus 5 Days 4 Hours 36 Minutes 09 Seconds. And counting.
"What if the 'trolls' are actual trolls?" Cali asked, adding to our fright
"Let's settle this, once an for all" I pulled out my phone and pulled up PesterChum the app

PESTERCHUM

MC: START PESTERING
MC: um, hey, could you do something for me?
CG: IS THIS REALLY WORTH MY TIME?
MC: uncle Karkat?
CG: .......
CG: ATARI?
CG: ATARI STRIDER?
MC: uncle Karkat
MC: John, Cali and i need your help
CG: WHAT IS IT ATARI?
MC: the other 'trolls' 
MC: are they really trolls?
CG: I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT THEY ARE
MC: how do we beat the game?
CG: YOU STARTED PLAYING THE GAME?!?!
CG: IS DAVE THAT INCOMPETENT THAT HE CAN'T KEEP HIS OWN CHILD
CG: THAT WILL RUIN HER LIFE FOREVER?!?!
CG: HE PROMISED ME THAT HE WOULDN'T LET YOU PLAY
CG: AND THEN HE GOES AND LETS YOU PLAY IT?!
MC: uncle Karkat, listen....
CG: AND I ASSUME THAT YOU AREN'T EVEN THIRTEEN YET
CG: JADE REFUSED TO EVEN TALK WITH ME ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY
CG: NOT EVEN THE CHANCE
CG: THE POSSIBILITY 
CG: THAT YOU WOULD GET THAT GAME
CG: AND YOU WOULD PLAY IT
CG: I NEED TO TALK TO YOUR PARENTS
CG: AND PULL THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR NOOKS
CG: AND MAKE THEM REALIZE WHAT YOU'RE IN NOW
MC: i don't live with them anymore
MC: i couldn't handle my dad
MC: and i just told them
MC: so stop attacking them
MC: i love them
MC: and i love you just the same
MC: someone is sabotaging John, Cali and I
MC: and we need your help
CG: WAIT
CG: JOHN'S KID IS IN DANGER?
CG: NO
CG: NOT HAPPENING 
CG: I PROMISED JOHN I COULD KEEP HIM SAFE
CG: AND I LET HIM DOWN
CG: STUPID KARKAT...
MC: what are you talking about? 
CG: I USED TO HAVE A CRUSH ON JOHN'S DAD...
CG: WHO WAS ALSO NAMED JOHN
CG: AND I TOLD HIM ONCE
CG: BUT HE HAD FALLEN IN LOVE WITH ROSE OR SOMETHING
CG: AND I TOLD HIM I COULD TAKE CARE OF JOHN
CG: LIKE, GUIDE HIM
CG: BUT I FAILED
MC: you need to talk to uncle John, maybe you can work something out
CG: WELL, IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE
CG: YOU REMEMBER AUNT TEREZI?
MC: slightly
CG: AUNT TEREZI IS MY MATESPIRIT
MC: ohhhhhhh
MC: i have to go
MC: but i want to talk to you later
MC: i love you

           I put my phone away, feeling awkward.
"What is it?" John asked
"Nothing" I shook my head
"Okay.." John shrugged, still slightly awkward, knowing how we were all related
           I started mulling over what Uncle Karkat had told me. The trolls who trolled us were ACTUAL trolls. Slowly it started sinking in. I was getting used to it. Cali looked at something on the table, blank, unsure how to deal with how this day had gone.
"It'll be okay, Cali" I rubbed her arm
           Her skin was cold, some thing that was unusual. Normally she was warm, but slowly goosebumps started rising.
This wasn't good.

No comments:

Post a Comment