Saturday, September 8, 2012

Long Live Pt.4

PESTER CHUM

MC: START PESTERING

MC: hey
ED: H3Y
MC: YG said i should talk to you
ED: OH Y3SSS
ED: >:]
ED: TH1S 1S 4BOUT KL, CORR3CT??
MC: correct
ED: 1M GO1NG TO B3 S3R1OUS W1TH YOU H3R3
ED: UNL1K3 L4ST T1M3 WH3N SH3....
MC: who?
ED: 1M SORRY
ED:: 1TS NO ON3
ED: BUT 4NYW4Y 
ED:: KL H4S B33N T4LK1NG W1TH CD
MC: is that bad?
ED: Y3S
ED: TURNS OUT TH4T KL 1S R34LLY CR4ZY
MC: oh, let me assume here, you talked to him in my future, huh?
MC: why do you guys keep going on and on about it?!
MC: youre not fooling anyone!
ED: YOU GOT TH3 SBURB B3T4
ED: R1GHT?
MC: ....yes...
ED: DONT PL4Y 1T
ED: 1TS NOT WORTH TH3 M3NT4L SC4RS YOULL G3T
ED: P3OPL3 H4VE D13D
ED: B3C4USE TH3Y PL4Y3D SBURB
ED: KL S3NT TH3 B3T4 D1SKS OUT
ED: 4ND H3S GO1NG TO US3 1T TO K1LL YOU
ED: 4ND YOUR FR13NDS
MC: he wouldn't do that
ED: STOP B31NG 1GNOR4NT!!!
ED: L1ST3N TO US!!
ED: R1GHT NOW GT 1S T4LK1NG TO H1M
ED: Y3S 1N YOUR FUTUR3
ED: JUST FORG3T 4BOUT TH4T
ED: H3 K1LL3D YOUR FR13ND...
ED: 1S...
ED: D1D JOHN COM3 B4CK?
ED: NO...
ED: 1 UM....
ED: 1 N33D TO GO
ED: 1M SORRY...

                  She logged off. I knew about her and John in Homestuck, she was always messing with him, but it's not like he was that significant to her. My phone started ringing, taking me off of what I was thinking about.
"Hello?" I just picked it up, not caring
"Atari, honey is that you?" Someone asked worriedly
"Who is this?" I asked, no one had called me honey since...
"Atari, honey this is mom. Why did you change your last name?" It all suddenly clicked
                    Everything my parents did.
Their names.
Their outfits.
Their actions.
Their stopping and crying over what happened.
Their last name.
My last name.
I took a precious piece of my heritage and destroyed it.
"I'm so sorry mom... I didn't realize until now..." I started shaking, I closed my laptop and put it on the ground
                       Before I changed my last name to Vans, it was Strider. Then everything hit me.
My dad was Dave Strider.
My mom was Jade Harely.
John's parents were John Egbert and Rose Lalonde
But we always suspected he had been adopted since he had two dads and no mom.
I flung around and it all made sense.
"Jane?" I asked, keeping my mom on hold
"Yes?" Cali's mom came out
"You're Jane Crocker" This was processing very slowly in my mind
"Yes" A pained look came across her face
"Oh my god..."
"Honey, are you still there?" My mom asked
"Yes, I just..."
"Honey, Uncle Karkat told us that one of your friends isn't who you think he is. He sent you... You know, that game, right?"
"We don't know who sent it" I shook my head
"Don't start playing it, not matter what, okay?" She asked
"I.. I already started playing it..."
                         Instantly my mom burst into tears, I could hear what I hoped was my dad answer the phone.
"Atari?" He asked
"Yes dad?" I could feel tears stream slowly down my face
"I'm sorry for treating you how I treated you"
                         Then I remembered. As a child when Dave grew up, Bro, his undefined would hurt him. Play games that would purposefully end badly. All to make him stronger.
"No dad. I'm sorry for running." I shook my head
"Well, you're mother is upset, so I can only guess that you started playing sBURB"
"I did..." I said quietly
"You gotta play all the way through, don't let anyone stop you, don't give up on the game. Just wait until you reach the God Tier" I could hear his voice become heavy and wet
                          Like John's had been.
"Okay daddy" I started shaking
                          God Tier meant dying.
"It's been a long time since you've called me..." He started, then stopped
                           He was a cool kid. No time for sentimental crap.
"Daddy, did John ever have a son?" I asked
"Yeah, Uncle John and Aunt Rose had a son and daughter. They gave their son to Uncle Dirk and Uncle Jake, their daughter went to Aunt Jane" He explained
"What about Aunt Roxy?" I asked
"Oh sweetheart, I hoped you wouldn't remember her..." He sighed
"What happened to Aunt Roxy?" I asked
"She died"
"How?" I had some memories of her, they were the best I had
"Well, you know that Aunt Roxy had a drinking problem, and memories of sBURB were drilled in her head. Finally after drinking a ton and going through it all again, which isn't easy, she got in a car accident.."
"Oh..." I wasn't sure how to react
"I'm sorry honey" He said
"It's... It's okay.. I don't remember her too much" Huge lie "Did anyone have a kid named Michael?"
"No, why?" He asked
"Oh, no reason" I said
"Okay honey"
"Can I call you back?" I asked
"Yeah"
"Okay, talk to you later daddy" I hung up and looked at Cali
"What is it?" She asked
"Come on" I took her hand and pulled her outside, we went and found John
"I WASN'T PLAYING!" He put his hands up
"It's okay John" I shook my head. I have some news"
"What?" Cali and John asked
"Uncle Dirk, Uncle Jake?" I asked
"Yeah?" They came around
                           Instantly I attack hugged them both.
"She must've found out" Dirk said, looking at Jake
"What's going on?" John asked
"We should probably explain it to them" Jake said
"Probably.." Dirk agreed, just deciding to pick me up and to hug me
"Dad explained some things to me" I whispered to him, hugging him
"You talked to Dave?" Dirk asked
"Bro..." It hit me, Dirk was Bro
                            He hugged me even tighter. We were all related
"Okay John, you know how you look like John Egbert for Homestuck?" Jake said slowly
"Yeah" He wasn't catching on
"Your dad is John Egbert, your mom is Rose Lalonde" Jake explained
"Oh my god..." John's eyes got huge
"Your sister is Cali, Atari is your cousin" He explained
"Oh my god" Cali and John said at the same time

No comments:

Post a Comment