Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pushing Daisies Pt. 1

"ROSEMARY!" My dad ran in my room, slamming the door behind him
"What?!" I bolted up, instantly awake
"Hide. Now." He was shaking, holding the door closed as much as he could
"O--Okay" I started shaking and climbed under my bed
             The door didn't stay closed for long. Some people busted it down, maybe about three or four men in gas masks and a form of sanitation suit I guess. A cloud of dark blue gas flooded in, almost instantly my dad fell to the floor. Two of them pulled out guns and shot him. Slowly his blood seeped out onto the ground. Something was confusing though, the gas was around me. But I wasn't passed out.
              It was just like air to me. The two men who shot my father picked him up and carried him out. Another man, or woman, the suit and mask made it hard to tell. Either way, someone took the edge of the bed and lifted it. There I was, exposed in a t-shirt and shorts.
"She isn't phased by it, Moss" The person said quickly, scared to another person
"Get her. Quick." The person who was apparently Moss said
              Quickly this person grabbed me. There was no way I could move. Seeing my father get shot scared me. It flashed before my mind. The person who grabbed me was a woman, she had a really soft grip and a feminine physique.
"Okay honey, you'll be okay" She said, holding me bridal style
              Instantly I was shaking, her voice was weird. Malformed by the mask maybe. What happened with my dad? Why did he get shot? Am I going to get shot? Questions like that flew through my mind. But I couldn't ask any. I had stopped reacting when my brain told me to react.
              But something did come through. I started struggling in this woman's grip.
"Stop." She said seriously
"NO" I cried, struggling
"Stop. Now." She stuck a syringe in my neck, pushing some liquid through my veins
              Everything got very blurry. But this wouldn't stop me. Slowly light and noises faded as I struggled. Finally, it all stopped. No more struggling. Just deep sleep.
Very deep sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment