Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pushing Daisies Pt. 6

          Apparently 'Reaper' is higher on the rank of this jacked up world of mine.Which is part of the reason I get to end everyone else's lives. Since I'm higher I get more control over what happens to them.
Which didn't feel right.
At a whim I could kill someone without a reason.
It seemed wrong.
"This is too weird' I said to myself, flipping around my pen that was actually a dagger
           How was this a weapon? I knew there were things you could do with a pen, but with so many other settings, why would I use it? Being a Reaper probably doesn't involve anything that needs to be written down, at least I don't think anything about being a Reaper needs to be written down.
           Either way, I still don't know why it's a weapon. Maybe it does something else? I thought, turning it over in my hands. Upon closer inspection, this pen had a few buttons itself. The buttons were red, silver, black and one was a skull. Part of me was scared to click a button, but I had to figure out what each one did. Reluctantly I pressed the red button and started writing my name in cursive.
           As I wrote I felt something bothering my hand. I looked over at it, surprisingly enough the red button made it so you ended up cutting the word into your hand. Didn't that happen in Harry Potter? I thought, trying to remember which book that was.
"Of course!" I remembered it, book five
            Part of me found it funny, the other part found it sick. Now I really didn't want to find out what the other buttons were. Either way, I had to figure them out. Slowly I clicked the skull shaped button. Maybe the buttons had to do with things I had seen or read. So maybe the skull button was like Death Note. I flicked the T.V. on, a criminal report was on the screen.
            I wrote down the name of the person and waited. Forty five seconds later a news reporter gave the news about the criminal's death. So that is how it worked... I clicked the black pen and started writing. At first it was just red ink, but after a few minutes I could tell it wasn't ink. As it dried it became gummy and smelled like metal.
It was blood.
            Apparently being a reaper makes you smell like blood. I clicked the silver button, regular black ink came out. Just a disguise setting. Well now I know why there's a pen setting...

No comments:

Post a Comment