Thursday, October 4, 2012

Long Live Pt. 6

           T-Minus 3 Days, 13 Hours, 57 Minutes, 19 Seconds. And Counting.
They skies had become grey, it had been raining in Houston for almost 36 hours now. I had talked to my parents, we were going to meet at some old park they used to go to. 
"Oh Dave, I don't know if she's here yet..." A woman with circular glasses looked around, holding a man's hand.
"She's here, Jade." He seemed sure of himself, almost positive.
"Dave?" I went up to him.
"Atari?" He asked.
"Dad.." I hugged him tightly. 
              I shouldn't have run, I should've stayed. 
"Oh honey" Jade hugged me too
              Just perfectly my phone buzzed. Another sBURB update. I don't know how it downloaded on my phone, but it had. 
"Oh great..." I mumbled, pulling out my phone.
               This is stupid.
"I'm sorry.." I put my phone back in my pocket, hoping it wouldn't go off again.
"Did you talk to Karkat?" Dave asked me.
                Okay, it was weird. I"ve read their stories over and over. This is probably the sixth time I've re-read Homestuck up until this update. I know it by heart, and I just can't think of them as my parents. They're Dave Strider and Jade Harley. Not my parents.
"Oh, yeah," I nodded. "He was angry with you guys at first.."
"That's Karkat for you.." Jade laughed lightly, obviously scared that I was playing this. 
((A/N:^Jade^,^John^,^Rose^,^Dave^))
              I looked up at Dave, he seemed so calm compared to Jade. But he was a cool kid. No matter how old he got he'd always stay calm. Slowly I took his aviators off his face, I hadn't realized how pale he really was. 
"Thank you," He nodded, not really appreciating me taking his glasses.
"Open your eyes, Dad." I wanted to see it for myself.
"Fine.." He slowly opened his eyes.
               Part of me thought it had just been a joke, something that wasn't real. A fake thing Hussie had added to make their journey even more... Weird.. 
But no, my dad's eyes were in fact red. 
"It's great to finally meet you Cool Kid." I used Terezi's old nickname for him, and it fit since I really had no full memory of him. 
               Slowly I could see him almost lose his Cool Kid grip. His eyes watered, he obviously missed her. 
"She'd be so proud of you," Dave hugged me tightly.
               I had always shipped Terezi and Dave-- before I remembered that he was my dad. But yet again I also shipped Dave and Jade. So it's a controversy. 
"Come on, we need to talk about that game.." Dave looked at me, serious. 
"I know," I nodded.
              Jade took my hand in that mom way.
"Why'd you dye your hair?" She asked, pulling me down the street, Dave walking calmly behind us.
"Oh, I just got bored," I blinked, not expecting her to ask that.
"Just curious," She smiled slightly. "You had such blonde hair as a kid." 
"I remember that," I nodded.
"How's John?" She asked out of the blue.
"John? He's truly his father's child," I laughed, hoping to lighten the mood.
"I miss him," She said.
"Were you close with John?" I asked.
"Very," She nodded. "You and Cali liked Dave's glasses, so I hung out with John most of the time."
"Well his glasses are entertaining," I smiled. 
"I guess," She smiled.
"I'm sorry for leaving.." I said.
"You were really stressed when you left, and when Jane called saying you were with her.. It was fine.." Jade lied, thinking I'd buy it.
"Don't lie to me Harley." I looked at her, at sometime I had said that in an RP...
"We played sBURB to get away from our reality. We realized too late that sBURB was worse than our actually reality." She sighed shakily, not wanting to get further into the other topic.
"I know that, it's a headcanon.." I mumbled.
"You read Homestuck?" She asked.
"Yea--"
"Then why did you start playing it?!" She demanded.
"I wanted to know what it was like! I had the chance to play it! I wasn't going to give that up!" I stepped back from her.
"But it's the worst thing to do to yourself," She said, tears welling up.
"Someone's getting tired.." Dave came in between us.
              Jade was always tired.
"But Dave!" She protested.
"Shush for a sec, Harley." He turned his head to me. "You need to finish this game, I wish you hadn't started it and it kills me to think that this happened because you left. Don't let that kid get too close. He's bad news. Make John break up with him, otherwise John is going to get hurt, and no one wants that. You can't give up, the game won't let you. I know it's hard--trust me, but you need to finish it. This is your mistake and you need to solve it." 
"Okay" I nodded, understanding that he wasn't proud of me, or happy with me. 
"It's going to be mentally painful, but you made that choice when you put the disk into your computer. And from now on you have to deal with the pain. Try to save your friends too, it isn't fair to leave them. And... Watch out for Noir.." 

No comments:

Post a Comment