Friday, October 5, 2012

Long Live Pt. 7

            T-Minus 1 Day, 4 Hours, 19 Minutes, 03 Seconds. And Counting.
"Hey little Harley," Dave sat down next to me. "What're you doing?"
"Oh nothing.." I lied, putting my phone down.
            Truth is I had been playing sBURB, giving every waking moment I could to it. Hoping to finish it soon. So far I had already built a ton of stuff onto Dave's apartment. Something I think only I could really sense.
"Have you seen the sky lately?" He looked out the window, an orange and red sky looked right back.
"Well yes, Dad. It's there everyday." I blinked, hoping to make him laugh at the sarcastic remark.
"You're so weird." He rolled his eyes, pushing his aviators further up his nose.
"I try!" I laughed, jumping up from the couch. 
"I think all of you Harley's have secret mind powers," He stretched his hands, holding them on both sides of his head. "And it makes all of you weird."
"Nah, I think I got that from my Strider side." I nodded with confidence "That's why I'm emanating Strider Stride and Strider Swag." 
"You're definitely a Strider, little Harley." He said seriously.
"And I like being a Strider." Scratch that. I really shouldn't have said that.
               An awkward silence spread, the tension was thick. Obvious questions were popping up in Dave's mind. But I knew he wouldn't ask. Cool kids move on. Haha.. Yeah..
"Um, Dave?" Jade came out, wringing her hands.
"Yeah Harley?" Dave blinked and looked at her.
"I need you to reach something.." She blushed.
                Now Jade wasn't short, but Dave was definitely taller.
"What do you need Harley?" He laughed, walking toward her.
"This!" She pointed to a box that was carefully placed on the top shelf.
"You're so weird, Harley." He laughed, reaching up and grabbing the box for her. 
"I'm not as tall as you!" She protested, crossing her arms.
"Oh come on Harley. I'm just joking," He poked her stomach and handed her the box.
                And this is why I shipped them. Even if it was an odd couple mix, it fit. Dave would poke fun and Jade even if she appeared as if she didn't like it, she really did. 
"What do you even need out of that box?" He asked her, pushing his aviators up.
"Our old sBURB things." She blinked.

No comments:

Post a Comment