Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Metal Wasteland

Frey's P.O.V.

"Sir?" I quietly walked into the Mayor's office.
"What?" An irritated voice spat.
"I--I came to discuss business.." I said as I closed the door.
"You really think this is the best time for that?!" He stood up, frustrated.
"Well, I wanted to know if the project should be put on hold or if Crusade and I should continue--"
"It's off! The whole thing. Don't bother doing it." He emphasized his words with his arms.
"But, Crusade really needed the.." I tried to think of the best thing to say.
"Tell Roxie she's off duty now. She should be helping Onyx cope." The Mayor rubbed his eyes, noting how Onyx and Kimi had been friends.
"But Roxie really needs the money from this project," I tried to defend her.
"I really don't have time to deal with your problems, Frey." He took this as some off the cuff way to get money for myself.
"No, Roxie and Onyx live in the--" I stopped myself.
        Living in the Wasteland wasn't really permitted.
"Where?" He asked.
"Wait, why do you care?" I raised my eyebrow, usually by now he'd be talking about what the city needed, not an occupant who he just pushed off.
"What's wrong with Roxie?" He made himself clear.
"Are they going to get in trouble?" I crossed my arms.
"No." He sighed, "You won't either."
"They live in the Wastelands. Okay? They have no where else since their parents died." I ran my hand through my hair.
"No.." Panic flickered across his eyes, "Are they at your house right now?" 
"Probably," I shrugged, not knowing why he was so curious.
"Take me to your house, Frey." He said firmly.
"Okay," I walked out of his office. "Why do they matter so much to you?"
"I've known the Crusades for a long time, let's leave it at that." He locked the door.
"There's something else." I walked down the hall.
"Roxie and Onyx, their mom was my sister. I never liked that Crusade boy but she insisted on marrying them. After they got married I never saw her again, I heard when they had children, but I never saw them." He fixed his jacket, speaking quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment