Thursday, October 18, 2012

Metal Wasteland

Roxie's P.O.V.

"Hey Rocky," I said as I walked into the lab.
"Frey's upstairs trying to calm Ember down." Omega told me, looking on a shelf.
"Oh, hey Omega. Um, Onyx is in the living room, what's wrong with Ember?" I asked.
"Kimi died." Omega sighed, obviously taking this hard too.
"Oh my god," Besides the fact that she's the mayor's daughter, she's a friend too. "What happened?"
"Ember and Kimi were exploring this uncharted land, and apparently there was a zombie that took her heart right out of her chest. Ember watched her die." Omega picked a few jars off the shelf, staying calm.
"But why is Ember taking it so hard?" I asked, knowing that most people would be sad in general. But it just didn't seem like something he'd care about.
"Kimi and Ember were 'dating' or something" She shrugged, opening one of the jars she picked out.
"That's babysitting." I shook my head.
"That's what I said too but he really loved her. If you wouldn't mind trying to calm him down, I know Frey would really appreciate it." She looked at me, hoping that I would try.
"I guess I could give it a go-- not for Rocky though. I'll only try to help because I've known Ember for a long time." I made myself clear.
"Okay, as long as there's a chance Ember will stop crying I'm all for it." She held her hands up, not wanting to see her brother cry anymore.
"Be back then," I sighed and walked out of the lab. "Omega's in there if you want" I told Onyx before heading up to Ember's room.
        Something like this doesn't happen very often. I've been to that uncharted area and all you have to do is ignore the zombie. But Kimi doesn't think like that. I used to babysit her when my parents had died. She was really sweet and trusting. And since she was the mayor's daughter, the city would go into grieving. Most of the younger kids looked up to her, even some adults.
        It has to be harsh, even if it was weird, it has to be harsh for Ember to lose her. 
"Hey," I opened the door to his room.
"Roxie?" Frey asked, surprised I was there.
"Um, Omega filled me in on what happened.." I rubbed the back of my head awkwardly.
"You want to try talking to him?" Frey stood up and pointed at his brother who was covered in blankets.
"Yeah," I walked over to him. 
"Thank god, I'll be right back." Frey told me and left.
"Hey Ember," I pulled his blanket down.
"What?" He said into his pillow, his voice heavy and wet.
"I'm really sorry about what happened," I pushed his bangs out of his eyes.
"You don't get it," He shook his head.
"No, I really can't imagine what you're going through. It had to be sickening to watch her die." I rubbed his arm, trying to calm him down.
"I miss her," He hugged me tightly, crying into me. 
"It's hard to lose someone you love, isn't it?" Now he knew I was speaking from experience.
"It really is," He cried.
"You really loved her, didn't you?" I hugged him tightly.
"Yeah" He wiped his eyes, trying to not cry anymore.
"What happened?" I asked, knowing him, he'd want to talk about it.
"I told her not to go back, but she did. And I went with her, and she talked to that. That thing again. And he somehow ripped her chest open, and.. And.." He started crying, unable to finish his sentence. 
"He took her heart out, right?" I sighed, feeling bad for him.
"Yeah" He hugged me again, trying to hide that he was crying.
"You don't have to hide the fact that you miss her," I hugged him tightly.
"I just want her back," He sobbed, giving up on trying to stay calm.
"There's going to be someone else, she wouldn't have wanted you to hold on." I let him cry.
"I know," He sighed heavily.
"I swear it gets better," I hugged him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment