Thursday, October 11, 2012

Metal Wasteland

 Roxie's P.O.V.

"Come on, Roxie!" Frey shouted, getting angry.
"I'm working as fast as I can!" I shouted back.
"Work faster genius!" He said blankly.
"Shut up!" I dropped everything in my hands. "Just shut up!" 
"You better--" He started.
"No! Be quite for one minute. Seriously Rocky, I don't need you riding me about this! I'm working as fast as I can while you're standing there criticizing me!"
"You left! You have to make up for the work you missed!" He shouted.
"I left to go find another job, smart one. This one doesn't pay enough! I need more money than this shotty job pays!" I slammed my hand on the metal table, sending a hollow echo around.
"You.." He asked, almost confused.
"I don't have rich and successful parents like you. I don't even live in a house! Onyx and I live in a fort we made out of scraps in the Wastelands. Everyday I have to watch Onyx pretend to be happy in the Wastelands. That's not something you can just watch without it piling up." I said, my voice cracking as it got more personal
"If you needed help you could've just asked," He said, pulling me into a hug.
"I can't ask for help." I pushed him away, not a fan of his awkward hugs.
"But I need you to be okay, and now it's obvious you aren't okay--" He started.
"I was never okay!" I pushed him, starting to cry.
"How was I supposed to know?!" He snapped.
"The fact that I wasn't talking maybe?" I threw at him.
"I didn't know!" He defended himself.
"Great for you." I pulled my coat on. "I need to go."
"Just wait Roxie." He tried to stop me.
"No. Goodbye." I slammed the door and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment