Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Metal Wasteland

Omega's P.O.V.

        Ember walked through the door, head down. 
"Hey," I looked up at him. "Where did you go?"
"I had some business to take care of," He pulled the magazine out of his pistol.
"What business did you have with a gun?" I stood up, setting down my book.
"I killed her- well, I took her out of the state she was in." He sighed, pulling the bullets out of the magazine. 
"Oh, Ember.." I walked over to him. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah," He nodded, holding back tears. "I want you to do something for me."
"Anything," Now he was done with this crying thing, for the most part.
"I want you to put her soul in this," He handed me a bullet.
"This was the one you used to kill her?" I looked up at him, turning it over in my hands.
"Yeah," He nodded.
"Okay, I can do that then," I smiled at him, trying to make him smile.
"Thank you," He swallowed his grief and sighed.
"You do realize I'll need you for this spell, right?" I scraped the gun powder out of the bullet.
"I figured," He ran his hand through his hair.
"But it won't take a long time," I walked over to a drawer and pulled out a silver chain.
"Are you positive it'll work?" He asked, finding a sprig of Atropa belladonna.
"Yeah," I found a way to string the silver chain through the bullet.
"I hope.." He pulled a few of the leaves off the twig and rolled them up.
"Oh, put this in one of those," I poured the gun powder into his hand.
"Okay," He rolled the gunpowder into one of the leaves.
"Now put that in here," I held part of the bullet out to him.
"And how does this help?" He sighed, putting the leaf into it.
"Well, the bullet went through her, the gunpowder helped kill her, and the belladonna is something she picked up and brought it to me." I smushed the leaf down.
"Oh.. What else do you need?" He looked at me.
"Give me your finger," I held out one of my hands.
"Okay?" He held out his hand.
"One, two, three.." I counted under my breath, waiting till it reached 14.
"So what does this do?" He asked.
"Well, she was fourteen, and I need your blood from the fourteenth finger." I explained, reaching fourteen.
"You didn't count my thumb.." He stated.
"The thumb isn't a finger." I pricked his ring finger, waiting for the blood to pool out.
"Okay then.." He blinked, not feeling like fighting.
        His blood slowly dripped into the bullet. Blue smoke started to rise out of the thing.
"Woah.." He eyes widened.
"Yeah," I shrugged, used to it.
"Wh--What else?" He rubbed the back of his head.
"Well, that depends on you," I explained, pressing the bullet back together. "If you ever want to add something that reminds you of her you can." 
        It was obvious that various things were flashing across his eyes-- things that reminded him of her.
"Take a while to think about it," I clipped it around his neck and hugged him.

No comments:

Post a Comment