Thursday, October 25, 2012

Metal Wasteland

Ember's P.O.V.

       The whole city had gone into grieving. Even a week after she died everyone was still upset. The uncharted area had been blocked off, but that wasn't going to stop me. Somehow I had gotten out of bed, somehow I had stopped crying. Roxie had really helped, I know she's gone through this before with her parents. 
        Onyx had been really sweet, and she had talked with me for hours about Kimi. I knew she'd miss her as much as I did. Frey had just sat there with me, not talking, just thinking. In ways it helped. Omega had told me that we'd all miss her, but that I shouldn't dwell on her. On the thought of her. Somehow I knew this, I just wasn't ready to accept it. 
        But I had formed a plan. Something that hopefully will give me some form of closure. Quickly I walked along the streets. Quietly moving so I wouldn't draw any attention. When I got to the outer edges of the streets I started running, I had made a plan to go back into the uncharted area. I had to get my revenge.
        Part of me wasn't sure about this, Kimi's corpse was there.. 
And I don't know if I'm ready to see that again.
But I need to take revenge on this zombie.
I sprinted into the uncharted area, hopping over the fence that had been quickly put up. 
"Where did you go.." I laughed sickly, feelings coming over me.
        Almost instantly I realized something was different about this place. But I wasn't going to chicken out.
"There you are." I held back emotions, standing a few feet away from the zombie.
        At first I didn't think I could do this. 
"Was it funny? Did you enjoy killing her?" Quietly I asked him these questions, doubting that he could understand me.
"De--"He started.
"I know you're dead. And you killed Kimi. She came back for you. Now I'm ending this." I held up the gun I had secretly brought with me and shot him.
        For a moment I thought it had done nothing, but after a few long seconds passed he fell to the ground. A sickening thud shattered the silence. 
"There.." I sighed and wiped my eyes.
"E--Ember?" A soft voice asked.
"Kimi?" I flipped around.
        There, right in front of me, a pale Kimi. Her foot was twisted backwards, a hole where her heart should be. 
"Kimi.." In my mind it registered as normal Kimi, not dead Kimi.
        She reached out and took my hand, she pulled me toward her. 
"Wait!" Finally it clicked she was dead.
        Maybe it was some of her rotting skin falling to the ground.
"What?" Her voice was almost non-existent.
"This needs to end," I swallowed my pain and held up the gun.
        The final bang sent a quake through her eyes, even if she was dead, they were still something you could lose yourself in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment